Welcome to DataBrain! And to our Terms of Service agreement! This document exists to protect both you and us. They govern your access and use of DataBrain software. By using our services, you agree to our Terms of Service agreement, so please read them carefully.
Last updated: 03/27/2023
What Personal Data Does DataBrain Collect on the Platform?
Customers may subscribe to databrain’s newsletters or other offers by opting-in on the Platform and providing their name, company name and job title (as applicable), email address, and phone number. Users can opt-out of marketing communications through the unsubscribe link in emails received.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. Server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. Log-File data will be used for debugging purposes and to improve our products and services.
How You Can Control Advertising Cookies
Databrain may utilize various services that place relevant and targeted ads on its Platform, such as Google. For Google-based services, you can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of Ads Personalization. Even if you opt out of Ads Personalization, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type, and your search terms. You can also manage cookies for any online advertising service via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the European Union (“EU”)-based Your Online Choices.2. Is Personal Data Collected by or Disclosed to Third Parties?DataBrain does not sell Personal Data collected through your use of the Platform with any third party. Information is collected to facilitate the Services offered or for internal analysis relating to product improvements. Personal Data collected is shared with the following third parties to facilitate provision of the Services on the Platform as follows:
Customer Relationships Management
DataBrain utilizes Segment to access anonymized and/or pseudo anonymized data to help us understand website traffic.
Product Usage Data
DataBrain utilizes Segment and FullStory to track product usage data to help us understand how users engage with our Platform, so that we can review and improve our Services.
Payment Processing Information
Other Potential Third-Party Disclosures
Personal Data may also be disclosed to third parties (1) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process; (2) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or (3) if DataBrain is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement or court ordered requests for Personal Data unless otherwise prohibited by law.
3. How Does DataBrain Comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and GDPR Regulations Relating to Children?Only persons age 18 or older are authorized to create a DataBrain account. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child (a) under the age of 16 in applicable EU Member Countries, or (b) under the age of 13 in the U.S. and applicable EU Member Countries, has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should contact DataBrain at . We will delete such Personal Data from our files within a commercially reasonable time, but no later than required under the applicable law relating the child’s country of residence.
4. How Long Does DataBrain Retain Personal Data Collected?
Unless erasure is otherwise requested by a Customer, DataBrain will retain Personal Data as long as it is necessary to provide the Services. When a user’s account is terminated or expires, Personal Data collected through the Platform will be deleted in accordance with applicable law.
5. How Can I Review, Transfer, Restrict the Use of or Request Erasure of Personal Data?
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO:Access, review, restrict processing of, or otherwise request erasure of your Personal Data;Obtain the identity of the source of any Personal Data collected;Request correction of any errors contained within your Personal Data;Request DataBrain transfer your Personal Data to another service provider;Object to the manner in which your Personal Data is processed;Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; or Withdraw consent to the collection of your Personal Data please email DataBrain at email@example.com.
WE WILL RESPOND AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.In addition, California law permits California-resident Customers to request and obtain from DataBrain once a year, free of charge, certain information about their Personally Identifiable Information (as defined by California law) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year (if any). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of PII that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. All of our Customers, regardless of their U.S. residency or country of domicile shall have the right to request and obtain a copy of such information in accordance with applicable law.DataBrain shall provide a copy of requested Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Customers shall have the right to transmit such Personal Data to another service provider without restriction in accordance with applicable law.
6. What is DataBrain’s Security Policy?We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration.All data is securely encrypted utilizing AES-256-bit encryption. Please review the AWS Cloud Security Policy for more information on AWS’ security practices. DataBrain utilizes only PCI-DSS compliant third party payment processors to ensure the security of your personal information. Users should review Stripe’s Security Policy for more information on their security practices.
7. How Does DataBrain Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration.All data is securely encrypted utilizing AES-256-bit encryption.
Please review the AWS Cloud Security Policy for more information on AWS’ security practices. DataBrain utilizes only PCI-DSS compliant third party payment processors to ensure the security of your personal information. Users should review Stripe’s Security Policy for more information on their security practices.
(ii) sending an email to all active account holders, and
(iii) adding a statement to the Platform.
Express consent will be obtained for any material changes in DataBrain’s collection and use practices.
9. Additional Questions?If you have any additional questions about our practices, please contact DataBrain as follows:By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org